The shelves of health and wellness stores are being stocked with products that are now entering mainstream use and also starting to dominate online retailers; the product all the talk is about is CBD oil. It is a naturally occurring substance that is the subject of an increasing number of scientific case studies that are finding significant helpful benefits to the sufferers of a wide range of illnesses and health disorders. This short piece will investigate what this product is, its varied forms and who can benefit from it.
What Is CBD?
To give CBD its full name is Cannabidiol, and it is one of over a hundred naturally occurring compounds in the host Cannabis plant, don’t be alarmed; CBD contains either very little or none at all of the psychoactive elements found in the host plant, so it won’t make you high. Once extracted from the Cannabis plant, it is combined with a plant oil such as palm oil to form the finished product of CBD oil. It’s then manufactured into many different products, including oral tinctures and CBD vape oil.
Different Types Of CBD
There are three types of CBD oil in use; they have different make-ups and contain different combinations of the compounds and concentrations; the main types are as follows –
- Full Spectrum – this includes all parts of the Cannabis plant but must contain less than 0.3% of the psychoactive compound THC to be legal for sale.
- Broad Spectrum – this type of CBD contains all the compounds of the host plant except THC.
- Isolate – this form is pure CBD with no other parts of the Cannabis plant contained at all.
Case studies are continuing, but currently, no one form of cbd has been found to be more potent than the others. CBD oil is most easily absorbed via products dripped onto the tongue or rubbed into the skin; swallowed edibles take longer as they are first dissolved by stomach acid before being absorbed.
The Range of Available Products
CBD oil is now being made into a wide range of different products. Let’s take a look at the groups of CBD products which are the following –
- CBD oils & tinctures – taken by placing them under the tongue, fast-acting.
- Edibles – gummies, sweets or other flavoured products are eaten.
- Capsules – taken as pills or soft gels.
- Topicals – many skin creams, lotions, and balms are applied to the skin.
- Vape liquids – CBD-infused e-liquids are inhaled with a vape device.
How Can It Help?
The amount of CBD-relevant evidence is always increasing, as is the range of illnesses affected. Sufferers of many illnesses may find relief in using CBD, and they include the following –
- CBD oil may help to relieve chronic pain for arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Affects the symptoms of many mental health disorders, from anxiety and insomnia to PTSD and depression.
- It may help alleviate cancer-treated related problems like nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD oil may well benefit heart health, lower blood pressure, and increase arterial function.
- It also has the ability to treat neurological disorders such as epilepsy and MS.
This list is by no means full and complete; please take some time to fully investigate if you or a loved one has an illness that might benefit, it may open the door to welcome relief.